1. How do I pay for my booking?
When you make a booking via the Internet, you will be advised of the payment conditions which apply. We will always request credit card details to guarantee your booking. For certain periods of the year, we may request pre-payment.
2. Can my children stay in the room for free?
One child, under the age of 12, is eligible to stay in your room free of charge. Our various Suites are larger in size and can accommodate 2 children. We do have a limited amount of interconnecting rooms, which enables you to have your kids next to you.
3. Are babysitting services available?
Yes, babysitting services are available at the hotels upon request. Please contact the front desk.
4. What are the check-in and check-out times?
The check-in time is 14.00 hours and the check-out time is 12:00 hours. We will of course do our best to have a room available for you whenever you arrive. However, this cannot be guaranteed as it is subject to the occupancy level from the previous night. If you are planning to arrive early then you may wish to book your room from the night before. If you are departing late, special rates are available for late check out.
5. Do you charge for cancellations?
The Rembrandt Hotel has a cancellation policy. Full details will be advised to you at the time of booking.
6. Why do Internet rates only apply at certain times of the year?
You can book rooms at the Rembrandt Hotel year-round via the Internet, often at promotional rates. During periods of high demand some room categories may not be available.
7. When is a good time to visit Thailand?
Thailand is a year-round destination with little change of temperature. However, as Thailand is a tropical country, at certain times of the year there is a heavier rainfall than at others. Bangkok normally has more rainfall from April through September.
8. What is the currency in Thailand?
The currency in Thailand is Thai Baht. There are currency exchange facilities in all the banks and close to shopping malls. The Rembrandt Hotel also provides currency exchange services 24 hours a day.
9. How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
In Bangkok, a range of options are available. When you book your hotel room, you can arrange for a hotel limousine to collect you. We have staff on duty to meet most flights and they will escort you to the car. After a long flight, it is wonderful not to have to worry about finding a taxi. Alternatively, you can take one of the metered taxis that are available. Please ensure that they do switch on the meter. There is a surcharge of 50 Baht for taking a taxi from the airport.
10. What different types of room are available?
A range of room options with different price ranges are available at the Rembrandt Hotel. For details on the room types available and the features which they offer, please click here.
11. Is it possible to purchase orchids and take them on my flight?
Cut orchids can be taken into most countries. Orchids, packed in special carrying boxes for the flight, can be arranged and will be ready upon your departure to the airport. Please contact the reception for details of the availability and price of this service.
12. Are medical services available at the hotel?
A nurse is available throughout the day and the Rembrandt Hotel has a doctor on 24 hour call. First aid kits are also available.
13. What are the golf facilities like in Thailand?
Thailand is world-renowned for the quality of its golf courses. In and around Bangkok there are many different golf courses to choose from. The hotel concierge can assist to arrange transportation and tee-off times. Please ask for more details when you book.
14. What voltage do you use in Thailand?
The voltage in Thailand is 220 volts. If you are coming from America then you will need to use a transformer to operate certain electrical appliances. All our Deluxe, Executive floor rooms and Suites are equipped with international adapters.
15. Do you have satellite television and in-house movies available?
All hotels offer a range of local and international news and entertainment channels.The Rembrandt Hotel has pay-per-view movies and in all the rooms on the Executive floors and Suites a DVD player is also available.
16. What is the VAT refund system in Thailand?
The current level of VAT in Thailand is 7%. The government has introduced a VAT refund system for tourists. Full details can be obtained from participating shops.
17. How many additional beds can you have in one room?
Most rooms can accommodate only one additional bed. In our Suites, we may consider to add a second extra bed.
18. Does the Rembrandt Hotel recognize any frequent flyer schemes?
No, the Rembrandt Hotel is not currently part of a frequent flyer scheme.
19. Do you have any special packages for honeymoons and anniversaries?
Yes, a range of packages are available. For further information please send an email to:
20. What is your policy with regard to pets?
We are sorry to say that we can not accept your pets on the premises.
21. What credit cards do you accept?
- Online, we accept Mastercard and Visa.
- At the hotel, we accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club and JCB.
22. What is there to do in the area?
Please take a look at our dynamic map which shows things to do and points of interest throughout Bangkok.